Wildlife is everywhere in Alaska! Crabs, eagles, whales, octopus, sea lions, porpoise, wolf eels, sharks and seals are all frequent visitors on the Bering Sea Crab Fishermen’s Tour. Come aboard the Aleutian Ballad for the adventure of a lifetime! The Aleutian Ballad was made famous in season two of Discovery Channel’s award-winning TV series Deadliest Catch when it was hit by a 60′ rogue wave and miraculously survived. But there are no rough seas here! You will set out in the calm, protected waters of the Inside Passage to witness first-hand the amazing way of life of commercial fishermen. Marvel at the scenic beauty that surrounds you from the comfort of the heated and sheltered stadium-style seating lower deck or the open-air top deck.
- Minimum age is 5 years.
- This tour does not go out into the rough waters of the open ocean.
- It remains in the calm protected waterways of the Inside Passage surrounding Ketchikan.
This unforgettable experience explores one of the country’s greatest treasures and some of Alaska’s most magnificent scenery by floatplane. At 2.3 million acres, Misty Fjords National Monument is almost four times the size of Rhode Island.
On this amazing excursion you will:
- Board your floatplane for a flight that will take you over majestic fjords, cascading waterfalls, jewel-like lakes, and abundant wildlife.
- Learn how the fjords were created by massive glacier action in this ice-rimmed wilderness.
- View areas that are accessible only by boat or aircraft, this untouched wilderness was first noted in the journals of Captain George Vancouver, when he explored Alaska in 1793.
- See New Eddystone Rock from the air, in Behm Canal at the entrance to spectacular Rudyard Bay; this volcanic plug is a striking remnant of early geological activity that was named by Vancouver.
- Discover the dramatic Misty Fjords terrain is home to a multitude of wildlife.
- Be certain to be the astute observer for you may be rewarded with sightings of brown and black bear, Sitka black-tailed deer, wolves, moose, and bald eagles as your expert bush pilot guide flies you over this paradise.
- View a spectacular 1,000-foot waterfall that flows from Big Goat Lake, named for the region’s concentration of mountain goats, which can often be spotted from the air.
- Make a landing on a pristine alpine lake or remote bay will provide the opportunity to absorb the serenity and astonishing beauty that surrounds you.
Note: Window seats guaranteed, fully narrated. Flight time – 75 minutes (including lake landing).
- Window seats guaranteed, fully narrated.
- Flight time – 75 minutes (including lake landing).
- Infants are considered up to 23 months and may sit on the parents lap. Children, 2 years of age and older, are required, by FAA regulations, to have their own seat and are therefore required to have a ticket purchased for them.