Fast, fun, and exhilarating, this adventure is sure to excite nature lovers and thrill seekers alike! Get a running start on solid ground and take flight into the treetops of the Alaskan rainforest! From your cruise dock, enjoy an entertaining tour through historic Skagway and along 9 miles of stunning coastline. When you arrive at our base in Dyea, you will transfer into a customized Unimog—an all-wheel drive vehicle necessary for getting up our rugged mountain road. During your ride up the mountain, look out at the impressive rainforest and get psyched—you’re about to fly over this wild landscape!
At the top of the mountain, you will suit up in gear that meets the highest standards of safety while your expert guides tell you what to expect and how to safely navigate the course. You will then be lead to the take-off zone, where you’ll clip in and fly away! You’ll soar through our course of 11 zip-lines, and 4 suspension bridges. And this is more than just any zip course—our lines will bring you directly above glacially fed waterfalls! This course also includes specialty lines such as “The Pipeline,” one line that’s longer than 2 football fields combined, and “The Big Kahuna,” on which you can reach speeds of 45 miles per hour! This extraordinary adventure is sure to inspire and invigorate! You will have exhilarating stories and breathtaking photos to share with those at home.
- Min weight 50 lbs/max weight 265 lbs.
- This excursion is designed for persons in good physical condition.
- Guests with existing injuries, seizure disorders, and/or current or re-occurring medical conditions, as well as pregnant women should not take this tour.
& Helicopter Glacier Flightseeing
Experience two once-in-a-lifetime tours, Alaska’s favorite sport, dog sledding and helicopter glacier flightseeing.
- Be whisked away in our premier touring ASTAR helicopter as your pilot navigates an incredible flight over Taiya Inlet.
- View sights only revealed by helicopter as your pilot narrates the history of Skagway and the Gold Rush of 1898.
- Land at the dog camp that is nestled among an endless sea of mountain peaks on a glacier above historic Skagway.
- Meet our experienced mushers who will take you on an exciting adventure by sled and introduce you to the wonderful world of “mushing”.
- Drive a team of friendly Alaskan huskies over the ice-covered glacier or sit back in the sled and take in the sights.
- Flight time – 30 minutes. Time on the glacier-1 hour, of which 1/2 hour is dog sledding.
- Tour times may vary due to weather and glacier conditions.
- Due to weight, balance and capacity restrictions, guests weighing over 250 lbs. will be required to purchase 2 seats (1½ tickets) on this excursion. You may acquire the second ½ ticket/seat by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org, with your booking number, after making your initial online purchase.
- Infants up to 24 months old can be considered a lap-child and should be added to the parent’s weight (Surcharge is in effect). On their 2nd birthday, the child is required by the FAA to have a seat and will be charged accordingly.
- All minors 17 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- All guests must be able to get in/out of helicopter with minimal assistance, as well as walk a minimum of 50 feet to/from helicopter.
- No wheelchairs, walkers, crutches, canes, bags, or tablets allowed on flight.
- Seating in the helicopter is determined by weight and balance, and is at the sole discretion of the Tour